Sunday, October 28, 2012

It's Birthday Season

This weekend my dear husband had his 39th birthday.  For his birthday dinner, I made him chicken legs, brown rice with diced celery and carrots and baked sweet potato chips. For dessert, he doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. In years past, I have made him cakes and he would take one or two bites and be done. So this year for his "cake" he wanted his favorite cookies: gingerbread cookies and peanut butter cookies. I made him both of them and then stacked them for the "cake" look.


I left it unattended for ten minutes while I went to go switch out laundry and by the time I got back, there was one cookie missing from the bottom. (grrr) My elderly father-in-law has very sticky fingers when it comes to cookies or sweets. I told my dear husband about it, and all we could do was laugh.

Happy 39th Dear Husband. Prost to the ones to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment